Due October 4
Agreement & Sponsor Information Form – to commit to the Confirmation preparation process and inform us of each candidate’s sponsor. Prayerfully reflect on the choice of sponsor. Keep in mind the sponsor will sign a form attesting that he/she:
- Is registered in a Catholic parish community
- Is at least sixteen years of age
- Has received the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Holy Eucharist in the Catholic Church
- Attends Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation and receives the Sacraments of Holy Eucharist and Penance regularly
- Strives to live a Christian life through prayer, by conforming to the teachings of Christ, and by supporting the Church in her mission
- Intends to pay special attention to the religious education and development of the candidate
- Will assist the confirmed person by prayer, encouragement and good example
- If married, has received the Sacrament of Matrimony according to the laws of the Catholic Church
Due December 1
Saint Name & Service Learning Project Form – to inform us of the saint name each candidate will use as part of the Rite of Confirmation as well as documentation of at least fifteen hours of Service Learning Projects from the start of seventh grade until December of eighth grade. As long as the candidate receives no payment and the work does not oppose Church teaching the hours should count. One area of need at the parish includes providing assistance at religious education classes on Sunday mornings from 8:30-10:10 a.m.
Each candidate will be expected to memorize the nine Bishop’s Questions and Answers for the Confirmation Mass.